Try this Ayurvedic spin on the traditional flatbread. Using chickpea flour for the crust, ayurvedic spices, and spring seasonal vegetables this recipe will likely become a healthy weeknight favorite!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place a 10 inch cast iron skillet in the oven while it preheats.
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpea flour, salt, pepper, and cooling spice blend.
- Whisk the water and olive oil into the mixture until it makes a smooth batter. *The batter will be somewhat liquidy, that’s ok.
- Remove the cast iron skillet from the oven and grease with ghee or avocado oil.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the crust bakes prepare the tomatoes. Toss the cherry tomatoes in avocado oil and dried thyme. Lay them out on a small baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven with the chickpea crust for 12 minutes. Remove the tomatoes once they are blistered and beginning to burst.
- When the crust is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Add the garlic scape ghee and spread until evenly coated.
- Tops with blistered tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese and micro greens.
* use code Lillian15 for 15% off all products at FarmTrue!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Ayurvedic
Keywords: Ayurvedic recipes, spring recipes, summer recipes, chickpea flour recipes