The root veggies in this recipe are appropriate for late winter/early spring. You can adjust this recipe for any time of the year by choosing vegetables fresh and local to you.
Roasted Root Veggies:
2 tbsp Farm True classic ghee, melted
2 parsnips, peeled and chopped into coins
1 fennel, greens tops cut off and sliced (tip: save the green tips for juicing, it’s delicious!)
3–4 rainbow carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
1 golden beet, peeled and sliced into coins
1 tbsp Farm True Cooling Spice Blend
1 tsp salt
Spicy Tahini Dressing
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
⅛–¼ cup tahini
1–2 chipotles in adobo sauce (omit for pitta imbalance)
Juice of 1 orange (omit and swap with lemon if not using chipotles)
½ tsp Farm True cleansing spice mix (you can omit the spice blend if you don’t have it)
¼ tsp turmeric
¼ tsp salt
- Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Toss chopped vegetables in a large bowl with melted ghee. Add salt and cooling spice mix.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, until vegetables are soft. Stir occasionally.
- While the veggies are roasting combine all of the ingredients in the Spicy Tahini Dressing in a food processor. Blend until smooth, adding water until you reach the desired consistency.
- When the veggies are done roasting remove from heat. Drizzle the Tahini Dressing on top to serve.
- Use code Lillian15 at Farmtrue for 15% off ghee & spice blends used in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: ayurvedic cooking, spring recipes, vegetarian dishes