Simple and healthy vegetarian side dish using just a few ingredients. Tastes just as delicious as buffalo wings but with the added health benefits of cauliflower.
1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite size florets
2 tbsp avocado oil
1/4 cup cornstarch
3/4 tsp pink salt
1/4–1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I use Noble Made because the ingredients are clean)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a reusable silicon baking sheet.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl. Add in the avocado oil and salt, toss until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the cornstarch on the cauliflower and toss again, until evenly coated.
- Arrange the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet in a single layer. Spread the cauliflower out with space between each piece on the baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is cooked completely through and beginning to brown on the edges. Remove once halfway through cooking and toss.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven and put back in the large bowl. Add the buffalo sauce and toss until all of the cauliflower is well coated.
- Place the cauliflower back on the baking sheet and bake for another 8-10 minutes. Tossing once halfway through.
- Turn the broiler on and cook for an additional 2-5 minutes or until the edges of the cauliflower become crispy.
- Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!
I have also made this recipe using romanesco instead of cauliflower and it works great.
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker’s General Tso’s Cauliflower.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: American
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: cauliflower, buffalo cauliflower, vegan recipes, vegetarian recipes, vegetarian side dish